Installed nmap on cygwin. Dead easy!
- Download and install Cygwin
- Download and install WinPCAP
- Accept most defaults
- Do the default installation, typically C:\cygwin\
- Download nmap for windows (zip)
- Open the zip file
- Double click the folder inside the zip, a large list of files should appear
- Extract these files (and not the folder which contains them) to C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin
- Open cygwin
- Your nmap installation on cygwin is now complete
Update 3/May/2012: Try running the vcredist_x86.exe file found in the zip archive if nmap doesn’t seem to run.
For a general understanding of nmap, just type nmap. For a more detailed comprehension, read the manual, and search the web.
Trying to Google this problem was very frustrating. Hopefully it will help someone else. The Linksys WAG54G2 ADSL modem + Wireless Router does not have a GUI page to show more technical information, such as line attenuation, among others.
Therefore, there are some secret or hidden pages built into the device that will reveal this information. The router’s default IP address is 192.168.1.1, but if you have changed yours, the links won’t work, and you should know what to do.
- First, ensure it is in ‘debug’ mode
- Then click on this link